Newsweek Ranks Bellevue University Among America’s Top Online Colleges
November 23, 2021
Bellevue University is the only Nebraska college named and one of 150 colleges and universities recognized nationwide.
Bellevue University is one of America’s top online colleges and universities, according to Newsweek.
Bellevue University ranked #67 overall among public and private universities in Newsweek’s first-ever ranking of online colleges and universities. The magazine worked with marketing and consumer data firm Statista to rank the institutions and released the list in October 2021.
The Newsweek ranking is split into two groups:
- America’s Top Online Colleges – the top 150 colleges and universities that offer online degree programs, including hybrid programs with online and offline courses and exams
- America’s Top Online Learning Providers – the top 32 institutions other than a university or college that provide access to their own or third-party online courses
Bellevue University is one of 75 institutions to receive a five-star rating — the recognition list’s highest honor.
“This ranking highlights Bellevue University’s commitment and ongoing investment into providing students with the access and flexibility they need to pursue a high-quality education and successfully earn their degree,” said President Dr. Mary Hawkins.
The rankings are based on an online survey of U.S. residents who have used online learning services to obtain an academic degree or acquire knowledge and skills for their job (professional development) or hobbies (personal development).
User reviews and additional institutional indicators were transformed into score values and aggregated toward a final score. The ranking’s evaluation criteria include:
- Institutional indicators (enrollment, graduation statistics, research activity): 30%
- Rating of experience: 40%
- Overall satisfaction: 20%
- Recommendation: 10%